The History of Pednolver
Pednolver is a 110 year old former sea captains house and was buit from granite in the St Ives style.
St Ives History
The origin of St Ives is attributed in legend to the arrival of the Irish Saint Ia of Cornwall, in the 5th century. The parish church in St Ives still bears the name of this saint, and the name St Ives itself derives from it.
From medieval times fishing was important at St Ives; it was the most important fishing port on the north coast. The pier was built by John Smeaton in 1767-70 but has been lengthened at a later date.
St Ives was a very busy fishing port and seining the usual method of fishing there. Seining was carried on by a set of three boats of different sizes, the largest two carrying seine nets of different sizes. The total number of crew was 17 or 18. However this came to an end in 1924. The bulk of the catch was exported to Italy:
Modern St Ives came with the railway in 1877, the St Ives Bay branch line from St Erth, part of the Great Western Railway. With it came a new generation of Victorian seaside holidaymakers. Much of the town was built during the latter part of the 19th century. The railway, which winds along the cliffs and bays, survived the Beeching axe and has become a tourist attraction itself.
Samples of the original artwork at Pednolver Apartments.
A 110 Year Sea Old Captains House
Amazing Town & Sea Views
2 Minutes Walk to the Town Centre & beaches.
Free Wifi & Full Sky Tv Package
Apartments can be combined
Pednolver Apartments St Ives Cornwall est.2004